When we are attempting to reduce our carbon footprint and by altering the way we live and the products and services we use, we are working to live a more sustainable lifestyle.
Ways we can live more sustainably and changes we can make in our daily living habits are:
- Turn off / unplug appliances that you are not using
- Purchase energy efficient appliances
- Hang clothes to dry instead of using a dryer
- Use a programable thermostat and set it to a lower temperature when are not home
- Recycle and donate
- Shop local, this reduces the amount of transportation costs and effect on the environment while supporting local businesses
- Walk, bike, or take transit whenever possible
- Grow your own produce or become a member of a community garden
These are some simple steps you can take to start to change the way you live and the environmental impact you have on your earth. We need to protect or earth, not only for our future generations but for us as well.