Is your Business Green?
Sustainable business, or green business, is a business that has minimal negative impact on the global or local environment, community, society, or economy. Often, sustainable businesses have environmental and human rights policies.
A business is considered green if it matches all of the following criteria:
- It incorporates principles of sustainability into every business decision
- Supplies environmentally friendly products and/or services that replaces the demand for non-green products and services
- It is greener than the traditional competition
- It has made an enduring commitment to environmental principles in its business operations
A sustainable business or green business can add value for customers, investors, and the environment. It will protect the environment while meeting the needs of its customers.
You can become a sustainable or green business by:
- Creating a long-term financial value
- Understand how the businesses actions will impact the environment and constantly work to reduce the impact your business creates
- Care about your employees, your customers, and the community and strive to make a positive social change
You should also understand that the above three elements are strongly connected to each other and you must do all of them in order to succeed.