Carbon footprint is the amount of carbon dioxide a person or place releases into the atmosphere. The amount that we produce is a huge environmental concern. Even though it is a big issue we still can make an impact by reducing our individual impact.
Some of the many ways we can reduce our carbon footprint is to:
- Take public transit, walk, or bike, public transit produces less emissions than your car and walking or biking produces no carbon emissions
- The next car you purchase consider it to be an electric car
- Regularly maintain your car, keeping your car maintained will improve your fuel efficiency
- Shop for locally grown goods and products, when you buy local you are reducing the travel time, fuel consumption used to get the products to the market
- Buy energy efficient appliances, windows, and light bulbs
- Reduce the amount of water you use, take shorter showers and only fun the dishwasher and washing machine when you have a full load
- Buy a reusable water bottle and use reusable containers
- Recycle and use recyclable trash bags
- Unplug any devices and appliances when not in use
- Go paperless
Keep the conversation going with your friends and community and get involved in community event to support environmental issues.